compensation: Competitive wage/salary with medical/vision, 401(k), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual through the years of service.
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
All American Marine
All American Marine is an internationally recognized builder of aluminum high performance passenger ferries, research vessels and custom work boats.
AAM is a known and respected builder of aluminum catamaran and monohull passenger vessels and always on the cutting edge. We have implemented the newest innovations for our operators. We are an industry leader in the manufacturing of hybrid-electric vessels, hydrofoil-assisted, and high efficiency low-wake vessels. All American Marine's core competency is custom designs of aluminum catamarans, built specifically for the operator and mission in mind.
We are looking for individuals who are exceptional team players with aptitudes for this kind of work, value good work ethics, and have good people skills, with a very high value on attitude.
If you have these basic requirements and are looking for a position where you will work on fascinating projects, using state-of-the-art materials and processes while receiving a good compensation package including medical insurance, paid vacation, 401k with match, etc., consider the following:
TITLE: SYSTEMS MECHANICAL INSTALLER
REPORTS TO: SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS: Systems’ installer functions generally consist of installing all mechanical machinery including propulsion systems, HVAC systems, bilge, fire, hydraulic piping and MSD systems required in any particular vessel under contract at All American Marine, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive written and verbal instructions, prints, and drawings for a specific task.
2. Plan working procedures to accomplish individual task including tool and material requirements.
3. Install engines, gears, generators, propeller shafts and rudders.
4. Plumbing: using copper, CPVC, stainless steel, and aluminum piping, plus the ability to bend different types of pipe.
5. Install different types of HVAC systems.
6. Performs all functions in a careful and safe manner while always helping others to do the same.
7. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly at all times.
8. Work 40 hours plus per week with overtime as needed based upon department objectives.
9. Able to lift and carry 50lb loads up and down stairs; work at heights; work in confined spaces, bend, kneel, stoop for extended periods of time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
• High Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work in a team environment under an allotted time frame.
• Shipbuilding or construction background preferred but not required.
• Marine carpentry and marine electronics experience, desirable, but not required
• Familiarity working with a variety of different materials and mechanical shipboard systems.
• Skilled usage and knowledge of hand and power tools.
• Detail oriented while able to continuously improve efficiency.
• Ability to follow directions, read blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, also works well with others as a team.
• Confidentiality, tact, and discretion when dealing with coworkers.
• Positive attitude, Desire for self-improvement.
• Willing to be flexible regarding job duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Production Manager and CEO.
All American Marine is a federal contractor and employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment test.
All American Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As required by 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Compensation will be based accordingly with consideration given for work experience.
4-10's: Mon-Thur 6am - 4:30pm with occasional overtime