QR Code Link to This Post
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Writer in our Bellingham, WA facility.
The ideal candidate in this position will create user manuals, data sheets, instruction sheets, warning labels, and press releases for a variety of machines and products. To ensure accurate documentation, this position regularly works with various departments in the company including Engineering, Quality Control, Technical Support, Service, Graphics, and Parts.
A typical work day can be quite varied, including writing and page layout work at the computer; removing a new machine from its box, assembling it, setting it up, and adjusting it; working closely with our in-house photographers and editing photos; drawing simple illustrations to enhance the usability of written instructions; or thoroughly reviewing exploded-view diagrams and parts lists to ensure that they are accurate. This position requires a very high degree of attention-to-detail. The position involves an extensive proofing process, so the candidate must be comfortable with giving and getting regular constructive criticism of their work.
o Owner's Manuals
o Instruction Sheets
o Part Breakdowns
o Wiring Diagrams
o Specification Sheets
o Safety Labeling & Product Warnings
o Press Releases
o Engineering/Tech Support Bulletins
o Catalog & Web Sales Copy
o Training Modules & Style Guides
o Company SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
o Video Scripts
Approximate time breakdown for position:
• 40% Technical Writing, Desktop Publishing, Photo Editing, Illustrations
• 25% Part Breakdowns, Wiring Diagrams
• 15% Reading, Proofing, Editing
• 10% Hands-on Work with Machinery and Tools
• 10% Meetings, Research, Other
• High degree of mechanical aptitude
• Very high attention to detail
• Strong experience with machinery, mechanics, or power tools
• A college degree (or related work experience) in technical documentation, writing, or communications
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or similar desktop-publishing software is preferred, but not required
• A strong work ethic
• High degree of ingenuity, confidence, and resilience
• Strong organization/project management skills
• Good time management skills
Our Tech Docs team operates under regular deadlines in a production-oriented atmosphere. Our Tech Writers regularly coordinate with inspectors and engineers around the globe, as well as a variety of internal Company staff in multiple departments. All work produced is subjected to multiple rounds of extensive proofing, so the right candidate must be comfortable with constructive criticism and a deeply involved editorial process.
About Our Company:
Since our inception in 1983, Grizzly Industrial has become one of the USA's largest providers of woodworking and metalworking machinery, tools and related accessories. Grizzly products can be found in all sizes of shops, from the large industrial production users, to the smaller cabinet and machine shops.
We provide high-quality products at the lowest possible prices and are truly dedicated to providing excellent customer service to ensure our customers' needs are met.
As a company, we value employees with a strong work ethic who desire excellence in the service they provide and their work. We promote a corporate structure that is professional, collaborative, fast-paced and organized. We place a strong value on respect and integrity and promote a positive environment where employees are committed, energetic, helpful, cooperative, courteous and productive.
As an organization we focus on getting results, and in order to achieve results we remain focused on teamwork, maintaining high standards, and taking complete ownership of our work.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical and dental insurance
• Progressive premium coverage on dependent medical/dental insurance based on years of service
• Employer-paid long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
• Optional short-term disability, dependent life insurance and AFLAC
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid vacation and holidays
• 401(k) plan
• Employee discount
To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Reply" button.
Grizzly is a drug-free and equal employment opportunity employer.
To learn more about our company's products and history, visit our website at www.grizzly.com.