Compensation: to be determined type d'emploi: plein temps
QR Code Link to This Post
StarTouch Broadband Services, a regional Microwave/Fiber Optic Internet Service Provider, is seeking an experienced Level-2 Network Operations Center Support Technician to join its professional team based in the Bellingham, Washington area.
Position will be responsible for providing networking and network management expertise; designing, implementing and documenting network changes to a regional multi-state microwave & fiber optic infrastructure consisting primarily of Cisco hardware; and numerous RF and fiber optic devices.
Candidate will work with a team of engineers and field service technicians on projects ranging from basic installations to complex routing solutions, and will act as a technical point-of-contact for a range of tasks on the project.
Hands-on, on-the-job experience in configuring and supporting Cisco routers, switches, and other networking hardware is essential. The candidate will also need to have solid experience and understanding of MPLS and MPLS related protocols along with advanced knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols. At least 2 years of experience in a Network Operations Center for an ISP or telecommunications company is ideal for success.
Candidate should be able to advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation, conduct problem resolutions, identify process improvements, and coordinate with Tier III team members as well as theater Tier II team members.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Experienced managing & implementing MPLS networks and Layer 2 methodologies
- Experienced with Microwave/Wireless PTP, and Multi-point Radios
- Experience with industry leading monitoring tools such as NetScout, Solwarinds, PRTG, wireshark
- Specialized technical education in network and security areas. Technical vendor certifications -- JNCIA/CCNA, JNCIP/CCNP, etc.
- Experience with MPLS protocols and services (L3VPN and L2VPN, 6PE/6VPE, etc.)
- Knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet -- 100G, 40G, 10G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM etc.)
Hourly rate of pay will depend on the level of experience and training. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position with the requirement to participate in a rotating after-hours, on-call program.
StarTouch provides an excellent compensation plan and an amazing benefit package that includes 401k, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO accrual for vacation & sick leave, AFLAC options, free StarTouch Wireless Internet Service where available, paid Costco membership, a plethora of logoed apparel, access to free coffee/tea/hot chocolate beverage bar, and much more. Relocation assistance package available.