We are seeking an experienced receptionist to join our team.
Sendan Center is an interdisciplinary child and adolescent mental and behavioral health office located in Bellingham. Our mission is excellence in child and adolescent mental and behavioral healthcare through comprehensive, collaborative, evidence-based care. Our workplace culture is of an extremely high standard of professionalism, deep goodwill, thoughtfulness, compassion, and warmth and respect among colleagues.
About the position:
We are looking for a unique individual for a receptionist role at our busy, close-knit, and growing clinic. This position requires keen attention to detail, excellent problem-solving, organizational and time management skills, clear and effective communication, and a warm, friendly disposition with a genuine desire to help clients and co-workers alike.
Essential Job Functions:
• Checking in patients, collecting copays, scheduling appointments, answering telephones, communicating with clinicians and patients
• Managing patient demographic and insurance information
• Document management: scanning, uploading, filing
• Managing clinician waitlists and schedules
• Special projects as assigned
The description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job requires skills including but not limited to: the ability to multitask, keep organized, always maintain professionalism, have a teamwork mindset, show compassion, practice patience, effectively problem-solve, and take initiative to complete tasks.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with patients, parents, providers and other staff members through both face-to-face and telephone conversations. Candidates must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations with warmth and friendliness.
• The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, thorough and accurate documentation skills, and familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn, a variety of software applications, including email and encrypted data storage.
• The person in this position transitions frequently from a stationary position to a moving position to access the storage room, use the copier/printer, greet patients, etc.
• The person in this position constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, including as a copy machine, fax machine, printer, and multi-line telephone.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Previous experience required. Must have successfully performed similar job functions as listed above.
This position is Monday – Thursday, 8:00am – 3:30pm.
Please send a cover letter along with your resume and three recent professional references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers