Position Description: The Drop-in-Center (DIC) staff maintain a safe environment for the men and women accessing the emergency shelter at the Lighthouse Mission (LMM). Shelter staff respond to emergencies, offer emotional and spiritual support to guests, implement and oversee check-in, do house meetings, and lead devotionals as needed. The ideal candidate will desire a challenging, fast-paced, rewarding and service-oriented work environment.
• Maintain a positive, pleasant, and professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to model transparent and supportive Christian relationships, which will serve as a leadership example for shelter guests.
• Maintain timely and accurate documentation regarding daily shelter events, incident reports, and mandatory reporting. Oversee proper handling of guest communication, including phone messages.
• Oversee reception functions including phones, security cameras, and greeting, ensuring the highest level of customer service at the DIC.
• Monitor all safety and fire hazards, as well as guest activity.
• Fulfill the guests' requests for articles of clothing, hygiene supplies, and etc.
• Provide and facilitate an environment that relationally shares with guests the full range of resources available to assist them, particularly further LMM programming (Men's Shelter, New Life Program and the Agape Home) in overcoming the conditions that cause homelessness.
• Oversee, encourage and train volunteers and interns as needed.
• Embrace and use LMM's grace-based accountability philosophy.
• Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Works alongside a team of DIC staff, volunteers and interns.
• Represents LMM and specifically the DIC to other social service agencies.
• Reports directly to the Crisis Services Ministries Manager.
• A passion for serving Jesus and making the Gospel known through mercy ministry. The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life.
• Have knowledge of and preferably experience with issues of homelessness, poverty, addiction, domestic violence and recovery.
• Able to use judgment to make independent decisions.
• Agreement with the Lighthouse Mission's Statement of Faith.
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity in all forms is required.
• Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
• High boundary setting and self-reflection skills.
• Basic motivational interviewing skills preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with program guests and volunteers.
• Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situations.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with LMM staff and with a diverse client base. Effective interpersonal communication skills--both written and oral--for communication with co-workers, men and women staying as guests and outside agencies.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Gmail, and Google Calendar.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
• Intermittent high stress environment
• Standing 40%; walking 30%; sitting 30%; ability to walk up and down stairs
• Medium to heavy lifting, up to 35 lbs.
• Possible exposure to a variety of illnesses
• Both inside and outside activities regardless of weather
• Ability to rapidly deal with emergency situations
As an outreach of Lighthouse Mission Ministries, successful applicants will show a desire to end spiritual, economic, physical and social poverties with an aim toward restored identities and recovered vocations for the purpose of healthy relationship with God, each other and the world. Must be committed to the Christian faith. Those qualified to join our team can enjoy a rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lighthouse Mission Ministries is both an equal-opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise-qualified individual. The status of Lighthouse Mission Ministries as an equal-opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment which is central to our mission.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e I(a)), Lighthouse Mission Ministries has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with the Lighthouse Mission Ministries Statement of Faith. http://www.thelighthousemission.org/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers