Isolation & Quarantine Facility Support Staff (Bellingham)
compensation: (see description) employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
If, after reading through the job description, you are interested in this position please respond to this ad with resumes and inquiries. Please include a brief description of past social service experience.
Department: Isolation and Quarantine Facility (IQF)
Position: Isolation and Quarantine Facility Support Staff
Position Description: The Shelter Support Staff helps maintain a safe and sanitary environment for the men and women accessing the Isolation and Quarantine Facility (IQF). Support Staff support day to day functions of the IQF, respond to emergencies, offering emotional support and resource referrals to guests, coordinating care with other agencies and supporting volunteers as needed.
• Do rounds of the facility as needed, checking for doors being locked, health signs still being up, etc.
• Will assist with de-escalation and crisis intervention when possible.
• Will coordinate with community partners for resources for guests.
• Follow all infection control procedures as set out by the Whatcom County Health Department.
• Be available and willing to help with basic supply requests (band aids, toilet paper, etc.).
• Available for basic Q&A: When are meals? What is the Health Department's number? etc.
• Maintain a positive, pleasant, and professional attitude.
• Defer consequence, discipline, restrictions, or trespass decisions to the IQF Supervisor.
• Potential to fill in shifts at the Lighthouse Mission's Base Camp when the IQF is not being utilized.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Reports to the IQF supervisory team.
• Works alongside a team of Lighthouse Mission IQF support staff, regular Base Camp staff, volunteers and interns.
• Represents LMM and specifically the IQF to other social service agencies.
• Have knowledge of and experience with issues of homelessness, poverty, addiction, domestic violence and recovery.
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity in all forms is required.
• Able to use judgment to make independent decisions.
• Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
• High boundary setting and self-reflection skills preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with program guests and volunteers.
• Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situations.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with LMM staff and with a diverse client base. Effective interpersonal communication skills--both written and oral--for communication with co-workers, men and women staying as guests and outside agencies.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Gmail, and Google Calendar.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
• Intermittent high stress environment
• Standing 40%; walking 40%; sitting 20%; ability to walk up and down stairs
• Medium to heavy lifting, up to 20+ lbs.
• Possible exposure to a variety of illnesses
• Both inside and outside activities regardless of weather
• Ability to rapidly deal with emergency situations
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers