Progressive, LGBTQ-welcoming congregation seeks Interim Chancel Choir Director
QR Code Link to This Post
The Interim Chancel Choir Director chooses music for the 10-20-person Chancel Choir to sing in worship, keeping in mind the theme or “sense” of each particular service and the vocal range in the choir, and directs the choir in all service music. The Chancel Choir is accompanied by the church organist/pianist.
The Interim Chancel Choir Director reports to the Lead Pastor and works closely with the pastor leading worship, the organist, and members of the Chancel Choir.
1. Direct Chancel Choir in practice and singing 1 anthem for worship 3 times each month • choir practices 8am-9:30am Sundays
2. Direct Chancel Choir in leading worship music (hymns, sung responses) each Sunday • worship is 10am-11:15am Sundays
3. Choose music from the church choral library and/or other sources that fits the worship theme/sense with theological and language understanding appropriate to progressive Christianity
• Experience directing a choral group of diverse abilities
• Willingness to support teamwork, collaboration, and a collegial approach to work
• Ability to work with volunteers
• Welcoming manner toward all people without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, country of origin, religion, socioeconomic status
• 2+ years experience directing a choral group
• Knowledge of progressive Christian choral music and the liturgical year
• Experience in working in a church or non-profit
Terms of Employment:
• The Employee Policy Handbook contains detailed information on terms of employment
• Final candidate will have a 90-day probationary period
• Hire is contingent on a successful background check
• Employment of all employees with the church is at will
Compensation: $200 per week
How to apply: Please send cover letter, résumé, and 2 references (phone numbers)
Deadline for application is March 31, 2019.