Position Description: The Lighthouse Mission is seeking an Executive Assistant to complete administrative and secretarial tasks to supplement executive staff and increase overall productivity. The candidate we select will be expected to run business errands, assist the Executive Director with correspondence, scheduling and meeting preparation. Our fast-paced environment requires a quick learner who is patient and diplomatic with many personalities. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work as part of a team. The EA supports the leadership function of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, and must be able to work with the leadership and be involved in leadership discussions. The EA must be comfortable with leadership and management tasks. The EA should have well developed communications and reading skills and knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Managing access to ED by screening, drafting, and issuing correspondence on their behalf (Ex. phone, email, mail)
• Maintaining the ED’s calendar, scheduling meetings, and booking appointments
• Setting up and maintaining an organizational system (i.e. filing, database, records)
• Taking dictation, notes, and meeting minute
• Booking travel reservations
• Conducting and compiling research
• Preparing reports and presentations
• Bookkeeping, managing expenses, and bill-paying
• Running errands
• Assist the Business Manager in the preparation of monthly Finance reports for the Board.
• Assist the ED in the preparation of the monthly Board agenda.
• Work with the ED to plan meetings and appointments.
• Participate in and support special projects on behalf of the ED.
• Assist with opening and sorting of mail.
• Maintain the electronic and paper files of the ED’s office.
• Attend monthly Staff Meetings to advise them in special assignments.
• Maintain a positive, pleasant, and professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to model transparent and supportive Christian relationships, which will serve as a leadership example for shelter guests.
• Provide and facilitate an environment that relationally shares with guests the full range of resources available to assist them, particularly LMM programming (Men’s Shelter, New Life Program and the Agape Home) in overcoming the conditions that cause homelessness.
• Comply with all standard operating procedures and emergency procedures appropriate to the site.
• Oversee, encourage and train volunteers and interns as needed.
• Embrace and use LMM’s grace-based accountability philosophy.
• Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Post ads for employment opportunities at LMM, respond to inquiries and pass on potential candidates to appropriate staff
• Do initial new hire paperwork with new staff
• Update New Hire paperwork and routine paperwork for staff
• Coordinate office supply ordering for Mission departments.
• Compile and organize monthly time sheets for Mission staff and distribute paystubs
• Maintain the conference room schedule and the LMM Google Calendar
• Works alongside the LMM staff team, volunteers and interns.
• Represents LMM and specifically the Executive Director to donors, other social service agencies, churches and the community.
• Reports directly to the Executive Director.
• The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life.
• A passion for serving Jesus and making the Gospel known through mercy ministry and discipleship.
• Have knowledge of and preferably experience with issues of homelessness, poverty, addiction, domestic violence and recovery.
• Ability to remain calm and calm others in an emergency and/or confrontational situations, First Aid/CPR certified preferred.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with LMM staff and with a diverse client base.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills—both written and oral.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Calendar, Gmail and Access.
• Previous experience in an administrative role
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• The ability to multitask with ease
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Diplomacy and tact
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to receive constructive feedback
• A self-starter willing to be proactive and take initiative
• Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to give direction to others
• Strong follow-up skills
• Advanced proficiency in technology and social media
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
• Intermittent high stress environment
• Standing 20%; walking 20%; sitting 60%; ability to walk up and down stairs
• Medium to heavy lifting, up to 25 lbs.
• Possible exposure to a variety of illnesses
• Both inside and outside activities regardless of weather
• Ability to rapidly deal with emergency situations
As an outreach of Lighthouse Mission Ministries, successful applicants will show a desire to end spiritual, economic, physical and social poverties with an aim toward restored identities and recovered vocations for the purpose of healthy relationship with God, each other and the world. Must be committed to the Christian faith and comply with drug-free and tobacco-free workplace policy. Those qualified to join our team can enjoy a rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lighthouse Mission Ministries is both an equal-opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise-qualified individual. The status of Lighthouse Mission Ministries as an equal-opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment which is central to our mission.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e I(a)), Lighthouse Mission Ministries has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with the Lighthouse Mission Ministries Statement of Faith. http://www.thelighthousemission.org/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers