compensation: Determined by experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Betts Boats, located in Anacortes, WA is seeking individuals to join our team who have experience building with composites and a passion for boats!
Assemble boat components by laying composites and materials from wet lam fiberglass to prepreg carbon fiber into molds with vacuum bagging followed by post curing, then trim and fitting.
The core responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to set up or layout of tooling, fairing and preparation of that tooling, lay-up of composite materials according to manufacturing plan, drawings and specifications, assembly of large composite structures. The ideal candidate will not just have a mix woodworking and composite skills but will have an eye for how to generally build things.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
Skills needed for success in this fun and exciting position include:
• Experience using basic hand tools a must
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail, including measuring and reading instructions are necessary.
• This is a position in a fabrication setting with strong emphasis on teamwork, multitasking, communication and time management.
• This full-time position requires standing, crouching, squatting, crawling, and the ability to lift tools and heavy objects for periods of time.
• Must be able to speak and read English.
• Pay is dependent on experience and skill set.
We are a drug free company. NO smoking or vaping during work duties. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. PPE is provided by Betts Boats based on the employee's position and exposure.
If you have a strong work ethic, a POSITIVE happy disposition and are ready learn a unique technical career contact us!
Please come by our shop to fill out an application between the hours of 8:00 to 4:30 or Send an Email Resume to the reply in this posting. Though please note, we may not be able to reply to all to every inquiry and your odds are better if you fill out an application in person.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers