compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
POSITION SUMMARY - day shift and swing shift positions are needed
Competitive Paid Time Off Accrual Plan
Paid Holidays Off
Employer 401K Contribution Matching
Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plan - eligible within 30 days of hire
Production Technician performs various aerospace production processes including press, layup, deco, assembly, fill & fair, bonding, as well as hand trim and final assembly. Production Technicians manufacture and assemble various components to construct commercial aircraft interiors.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Production Technician I reports to the Production Supervisor. The Production Technician I does not have any authority over other employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Using hands, will manufacture and assemble various components to construct commercial aircraft interiors.
* Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
* Documents the materials used in the process to maintain traceability.
* Builds sub assemblies of aircraft components, such as:
o Lay-up and trim composite panels (Fiberglass Experience applicable)
o Installs inserts and applies edging material
o Fill and fair panels as necessary per the established specification or customer limits (Auto body/Bondo experience applicable)
o Paint surfaces (Auto body experience a plus)
o Wrap panels (Vinyl wrapping experience applicable)
o Assemble components (Carpentry and Construction experience applicable)
o Forming of aluminum trim extrusions, fiberglass laminates and other materials for completion of the sub assemblies, parts or structures.
Assembles aircraft structures and units, such as:
o Bonds and attaches the sub assemblies to the structure/unit.
o Attaches the hardware and some electrical components.
Safely handles various regulated materials used in the process.
Must carefully handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Knowledge of "shop math" including use of measurement tools preferred
• Familiarity with blueprint reading preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines required
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools required
• Must be self-directed and take initiative on projects
• Customer Focus - solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
• Accountability - takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
• Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
• Communication - Excellent interpersonal and communication.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Must be self motivated.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Computer experience and/or knowledge of MS Word, Access and Excel preferred
• Ability to work different shifts preferred
• Ability to work overtime required
• Attention to detail required
• Manufacturing environment. Dusty high noise levels, require hearing protection.
• Standard workweek often exceeds 40 hours/week.