Lighthouse Mission Ministries is currently looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join the Donor Care team in Bellingham, WA.
Lighthouse Mission Ministries is a private faith-based Christian organization that helps the community reach out with love and compassion to those who are homeless and losing hope. As a community we empower one another to build, lead and give back. Together we're healing homelessness with Christ’s power and love.
The Major Gifts Officer will cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from current major donors and to identify prospects for major gifts and develop them into major donors. This individual is responsible for developing relationships with a portfolio of donors who give a minimum of $1,000 or more each year. Emphasis is placed upon personal contact with donors through engagement points such as visits, tours, events, phone calls, texts, email, and personal correspondence. This position is regularly and customarily engaged away from the office for the purpose of promoting the cause of the Mission to the public, and occasionally outside of normal office hours. Job requires at least 80% of time to be spent on high donor contact: cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. You will assist donors in fulfilling their passions, interests and values through giving to Lighthouse Mission Ministries and impacting countless lives.
Our Donor Care team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
1. Develop a major donor portfolio with individual engagement strategies for each major donor and for prospects in the major donor portfolio.
2. Develop active, positive and professional relationships with new and current major donors, as well as with lapsed donors for the purpose of reactivation back to the major donor level.
3. Request funds for the Mission to increase the level of major donor giving each year by implementing unique and timely gift-ask opportunities that support and enhance the donor’s partnership and relationship with the Mission.
4. Meet annual revenue goals for portfolio as mutually established by the Executive Director.
1. Develop growth maximization and implementation strategies for current donors.
2. Develop new prospecting tools and objectives for new donors.
5. Engage Programming and Donor Care departments to secure appropriate project information (including budgets), and create offers, proposals, and asks to be used with major donors to secure gifts.
6. Provide regular and timely reports to donors regarding the Mission’s programs.
7. Keep complete and accurate records and produce reports on donor strategies and activities.
8. Represent the Mission when called upon to speak to groups, organizations etc.
9. Increase personal knowledge of the fundraising profession.
10. Attend and participate in all Mission and Department meetings and training, as required.
11. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
2. Must agree with Lighthouse Mission Ministries’ Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
3. Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
4. Lighthouse Mission Ministries accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
5. Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and donor database system required.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
8. Ability to manage time and plan effectively in a fast-paced, fluid work environment required.
9. Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality at all times required.
10. Ability to work well both individually and within a team environment required.
1. Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop reach or climb stairs.
2. Regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
3. Talk on telephone and use computer keyboard/mouse extensively.
BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience required.
Development/fundraising experience required. 3 years of donor-centric fundraising and major gift experience required.
Statement of Faith (1923)
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe in the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Healing homelessness with Christ’s power and love.
To be a consistent friend to those in homelessness that they become God-dependent healthy members of society, with such impact that our community points to Jesus Christ.
We are boldly Jesus-centered.
We are passionately committed to the poor.
We are a healing community, grace-based and radically hospitable.
We are innovative, collaborative and scrappy.
We are listeners, truthful and accountable.
We are thankful!
Lighthouse Mission Ministries is both an equal-opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise-qualified individual. The status of Lighthouse Mission Ministries as an equal-opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment which is central to our mission.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e I(a)), Lighthouse Mission Ministries has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with Lighthouse Mission Ministries' Statement of Faith.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers