Northwest Regional Council (NWRC) is a multipurpose human services agency that relies on high performing employees to provide the best possible community-based supports for adult citizens, people with disabilities, and people affected by complex, chronic health conditions. We are seeking a long-term care Case Manager to join our growing team!
JOIN US: NWRC’s values are centered on the concepts of respect, inclusiveness, and striving to foster a healthy work environment for all employees. With these values in mind, we will do our part to support and further diversity, equity, and inclusion not only in our workplace, but in our communities. Toward this goal, we invite candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply and help shape the future of NWRC. NWRC will make reasonable accommodation upon request for those individuals with disabilities.
TO APPLY: Obtain required application materials from http://www.nwrcwa.org/employment/ or by contacting Human Resources at (360) 676-6749. Please submit all application materials, a cover letter and resume to Careers@NWRCWA.org, or by visiting our offices.
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, permanent, non-exempt
LOCATION: Mount Vernon (Skagit County)
CLOSES: Open until filled
10-STEP PAY RANGE: $28.43 – $37.09 hourly
• 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision for Employee & Dependents, with multiple plan options, including voluntary medical buy-up options
• Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS 2 or PERS 3)
• 100% Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employee & dependents
• Life and Long-term Disability insurance, including voluntary buy-up options
• Vacation Leave, accrued at 8hrs/month & increasing with longevity
• Sick Leave, accrued at 8hrs/month
• 13 Paid Holidays Annually
• 3 Paid Wellness Days Annually
• Voluntary Flex Spending Plans for health and/or child/elder care
• Voluntary Deferred Compensation Program
• Alternative Work Schedules may be available after 6-month performance evaluation
• Hybrid Work Environment
Note: NWRC meets the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) definition of a public service organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Case Manager assesses client needs and authorizes in-home services, including the development and implementation of service plans, and the authorization of payment to providers, as required by State standards.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the work may be considered.
• Master's Degree in Behavioral or Health Sciences or related field and one year of experience providing direct human services to clients, preferably in a community setting required OR
• Bachelor's Degree in an equivalent field (includes Registered Nurses) and two years of experience providing direct human services to clients, preferably in a community setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to assess client health and functional status, understand and develop appropriate care plans, assess skills of caregivers, and make clear and concise recommendations.
• Demonstrated client advocacy skills and sensitivity to the needs and values of diverse groups.
• Ability to work independently, with good judgment and a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate work assignments and/or projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, community agencies, and the general public using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Ability to defuse difficult situations recognizing the need for sensitivity as well as assertiveness.
• Skill and/or fluency in speaking other languages is desired
• Must have a valid Washington State driver's license, a vehicle available for work-related travel, and appropriate liability insurance.
• New employees are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
SELECTION PROCESS: After reviewing the applications, the NWRC will contact the most qualified candidates to participate in a selection process consisting of job-related selection exercises. NWRC will make reasonable accommodation upon request for those individuals with disabilities.
Northwest Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.