Ferndale Farmstead is searching for smart and motivated individuals to join team and help us produce some of the best award-winning cheeses in the Northwest.
Cheesemaking is equal parts physical and mental and very dynamic. The ideal candidate will be able to put in a hard day's work, learn quickly, think on the fly, and have strong attention to detail. Most of all we are looking for individuals who will take great pride in their HARD work.
Please send a resume via email from the craigslist link along with any other pertinent information. We are a young company and there is lots of room for growth. Come be a part of our great team!
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in Packaging, Boxing and Palletizing of product
- Understand the Packaging Logistics
- Assist in Affinage weekend coverage which is the caring for cheese as it ages
-Assist in overall packaging duties
- Assisting with cheese-make process in the production & sanitation process
- Following company policies and standard operating procedures
- Understand & Maintain detailed record keeping of all company forms
- Understand & Assist in company Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitation, and Cleaning process
- Learn and Understand the operation and correct use of our three packaging machines.
-Must be +18 years or older
-Must be able to lift at least 65 pounds repeatedly, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time
-Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
-Must be able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic and motivation
-Excellent attendance, reliability, and initiative
-Desire for long-term learning and skill-building
-Must have reliable transportation
-Must have flexibility in schedule availability
Cheesemaker Compensation and Benefits:
-Starting Wage is $14.50 during 90 day-training & *probation period (pay is based on experience)
-Employee Health Insurance Provided
- PTO provided for all employees on accrual basis
- Flexibility with Employee time off requests
- Employer provides company uniform & boots
- Acquire unique skill set to become an artisan Cheesemaker
-Opportunity for upward mobility within the company
Schedule: FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
Employee selected for the 90 day training & probation period will be required to train and learn the sanitation, cleaning, and company GMP's with the team. When both employee and team feel confident in training understanding this position will be covering weekend (this includes Sunday!) & mid-week shifts. Final schedule will be discussed during in person interview.
*Due to the nature of cheesemaking and the amount of training a 90 day probation period is for any new person joining the team to ensure that both parties are satisfied with the work and team. After the 90 day probation period a review is conducted to ensure that the new hire and the company are a good fit for each other.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers