QR Code Link to This Post
The Youth Development Professional is a part time, hourly position working with our youth to provide “hands on” delivery of daily in-house programming including social recreation, team building activities, and an overall environment to build positive relationships.
Primary Functions: The YDP develops and delivers the BGCA suite of programs ranging from the games room, to teen activities, arts and crafts, the food program, low organized games, outdoor activities, special events, before school program, summer program and group clubs.
Reports to: Club Director
Requirements: Must be able to pass a background check and drug test. Must be over 18 to work with youth, over 21 to work with teens. Must have at least one-year experience working with children.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
● Passion for making a positive impact in children’s lives
● Ability to keep firm boundaries
● Accountability and follow through
● Ability to multi-task
● Ability to be a leader, and gain and maintain the attention of children
● Use a creative perspective to work with children on making good life choices
The YDP is responsible for:
● Building meaningful relationships with members
● The delivery of specific program services within the Branch
● Compliance with organizational operational and HR policies
● The overall Club climate—safety and security, the moral compass, guidance
● Teach and enforce discipline, values, morals, citizenship, manners, life skills and citizenship
● Proper reporting, record keeping and reports
● Janitorial, maintenance of equipment and furnishings
● Assisting the Club Director in all phases of the overall Club operation
● The “Director of First Impressions” and Club ambassador
● Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Club Director.
● Build positive relationships: Club Director, Program Coordinator, other YDP’s, Athletic staff, kids, parents, community stakeholders, visitors, volunteers.
● Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record as determined by BGCWC. Must be 21 years old or older to drive Club owned and operated vehicles, when applicable