compensation: 14.66 - 20.70/hour DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
WECU is seeking a Part-Time Loan Processor to join our Contact Center team located in Bellingham, WA. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. In this role you will assist the Online Loan Specialists in providing a high level of consistent service to our membership over the telephone and through our online service platforms.
Qualified applicants may submit application online via www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepares loan documents for signing, coordinates signing with members, and funds loans in Lending 360/FSP.
- Prepares correspondence for mailing, specifically relating to loan counteroffer, turndown, or approval letters.
- Answers general consumer loan questions; provides both consumer and real estate loan rates for members.
- Provides consumer loan payoff figures.
- Reaches out to new members via telephone to provide general and specific credit union information – answer additional account related questions, cross sell products/services/loans (as applicable) and explain electronic services.
- Proactively offers additional products/services to complement members’ immediate needs.
- Follows policy and procedures related to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.Follows policy and procedures related to OFAC by consistently running new members, entities, beneficiaries, co-signers, non-member parties involved in wires, and non-member check payee names through the Verafin system. Follows policy and procedures related to SARs by monitoring and reporting suspicious activity to the Compliance department.
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any substantive discrepancies with respect to information obtained under the CIP, including fraudulent identification and fraudulent applications. In addition, consistently notifies members that the credit union verifies certain information when opening a new account.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of six months’ experience as a teller, member representative or loan interviewer with a financial institution preferred, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan policy, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and documentation for each type of loan.
- Ability to complete detail work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to transition easily and fluidly between tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Ability to work both independently and as an active participant of a team.
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge of interviewing skills and techniques when dealing with membership.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise independent judgment and analysis.
- Ability to cross-sell all credit union services effectively and accurately.
- Ability to represent the credit union in a positive, professional manner in person, on the telephone, and in written correspondence.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU's mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers