condition: excellent delivery available engine hours (total): 1500 length overall (LOA): 32 make / manufacturer: CAL model name / number: 31 propulsion type: sail year manufactured: 1981
QR Code Link to This Post
1981 CAL 31 SLOOP FOR SALE – “EVANIA” for sale
A highly customized Cal 31 sloop, Evania is rigged for single-handing or a cruising couple. Thousands and thousands dollars worth and hundreds of hours for upgrades and custom features over the last 12 years. Most systems installed by myself, a mechanical engineer with over 20000 cruising miles under my belt. I have sailed "Evania" many happy miles and days unassisted, alternating between the furling gennaker and furling genoa while single-handed.
Her highly custom features include:
• a retractable bow-sprit with FURLING 700sq. ft. gennaker
• highly functional cockpit seating with propane storage underneath
• many added storage shelves and compartments
• reinforced cabin table and crew "grab" pole for their safety
• Cruising electrical system with double 250ah battery-banks and solar charging.
She is a light air boat perfectly suited for Puget Sound. Lots of beautiful original teak in cabin. She sleeps 5; 2 in the V berth, and 2 in the main cabin dbl berth +1 main cabin single berth. She is 32’ LOA, 10’ beam, dry weight 9200lb, draft 5.0’, SA/Displ 17.95. Her hull is solid fiberglass with foam cored deck.
Health forces sale. Lots of extra gear included such as binoculars, handheld VHF radio, navigation tools, spare hardware, cruising spares, spare autopilot, spare chart plotter, lbs. of spare stainless fasteners, spare rigging pins and retainers, engine spares, spare drinking water pump, etc. “Evania” needs bottom paint, hull polishing and waxing, and possibly cabin cushions. FYI ““Evania”” is Gaelic for “serene” and Old English for “swift.” If you want to cruise Puget Sound alone or with one or two friends, this is Cal 31 is for you. Call or email.
CRUISING FEATURES and GEAR;
1. Most sail control lines led to cockpit.
2. Custom 700 sq. ft. gennaker on furler with all gennaker controls lead aft.
3. 2nd set of cockpit winches for gennaker
4. Lazy jacks for easy main lowering.
5. All 4 cockpit sheet winches include a “wincher” style self tailing adder.
6. Self-tailing cabin top winch operates off 3 line brakes for main and spinnaker halyards + boom vang.
7. Custom retractable bow sprit to allow use of gennaker furler above.
8. Folding 3 blade prop- Kiwi model new 2014
9. Jib Furler control lines led aft.
10. Dodger (new 2012) and Bimini (new 2016).
11. Adjustable Whisker-Pole & hardware
12. Custom cockpit seating allows for 4 people to sit easily (original cockpit design maxed at three).
13. Custom foam helmsman’s seat for comfort
14. Custom Grab handle and Chart Plotter mount added over binnacle with all instruments at helm.
15. Added custom companionway seat- for out of weather driving.
16. Cruising Electronics; Autopilot, Chart plotter, wind Point and speed, Depth and speed + optional readout. Backup GPS binnacle mounted.
17. Standard Horizon Chart Plotter C-Map chip #NA-M035 covers Entire west coast of N America- updated Aug 2019.
18. Custom propane locker and cockpit storage cubby’s
19. Lazarette features custom SS storage trays Port and Starboard sides.
20. Large Refrigerator with ice trays & external digital temperature gage.
21. 100 watt Solar panel feeds dual golf-cart battery banks (Trojan T105’s – 250amp hours per bank)
22. Custom companionway hatch screen & custom hatch
23. SAILS; Ullman laminate 130 genoa and main sails. Laminate covered with UV protection.
24. Spare 105 Dacron jib with luff pad.
25. Gennaker 700 sq.ft. (new 2016) on a “top-down” roller furler (new 2013) with tack adjustment led aft.
26. Propane Force 10 -3 burner stove/oven new 2013
27. Propane system new 2013 with sealed locker, fiberglass 20lb tank and safety gas “sniffer.”
28. “Bus” (engine hot water) cabin heater new 2018
29. Lots of special shelves and storage added- in teak to match
30. Hot and Cold Pressure Water
31. Lots of spares, including several pounds of SS screws and SS nuts and bolts
32. 3+ Tool boxes, plus DeWalt battery drill & bits to encompass most maintenance requirements.
33. Bimini includes extra bracing for integral OB motor hoist (up to 75# weight)
34. OB motor mount on stern rail.
35. Propane Force 10 BBQ on stern rail
36. Life Sling MOB retrieval system in custom rail mount Sunbrella canvas box.
37. Permanently stern mounted boarding ladder
38. USA and Canadian Flags for cruising Canadian waters.
39. Canvas boson’s chair.
1. Universal 16 hp diesel engine well cared for- under 1500 hours. Always starts in a few seconds. Universal diesels converted from a Kubota Tractor engine and Kubota parts (lower cost than Universal) fit perfectly.
2. Foam air cleaner from later Universal Diesel adapted and installed at about 600hrs – factory original air filter was only a screen…
3. Custom fuel polishing system built into fuel system- clean your fuel with no fuss or costs.
4. Magnetic oil plugs and oil-filter magnet added at about 500hrs
5. Lots of engine spares (such as water pump, glow plugs, belts, alternator, injector, etc.) included
6. Rebuilt Transmission about 2004
7. Dripless Shaft seal
8. Folding “Kiwi” prop with Spare Reinforced Plastic prop.
9. 24 gal aluminum diesel tank new 2014
10. On deck 12 gal (2 each 6-gal jugs lash down system with SS ratcheting straps.)
11. Alternator brand new April 2015 at 1041 hrs. (old working alternator-kept for spare).
12. Complete parts and maintenance manuals (PDF and printed)
13. Eng. Water heat exchanger relocated for easy access & New hoses 2017
CABIN & COMFORT/SAFETY FEATURES;
1. Part Settee sets up for double bunk (custom folding legs added)
2. Fold down Table reinforced with custom Vertical grab post
3. Custom shelves added in both closets and in V berth.
4. Refrigeration includes temperature gage and ice making capacity.
5. Custom cabinet doors (mesh front) added in main cabin
6. Head with 3 way valve and plastic 16 gal holding tank (All new 2007)
7. Portable diaphragm hand pump & 1.5” hoses for emptying holding tank in the wilds or a backup bilge pump.
8. Air vents added to both closets
9. ALL CABIN LIGHTING IS HIGHLY EFFICIENT LED (5 NEW Overhead Fixtures added 2015 and other fixtures converted.)
10. VHF hard wired radio
11. 2018 Boss Stereo with Bluetooth & 100watt amp, Advent cabin speakers.
12. Lots of added 120 volt receptacles and USB ports added
13. Forward Window screens replaced 2016 & custom hatch screen fabricated
14. Hot & cold pressure water
15. Activated carbon water filter
16. 5 gal hot water tank
17. Shower available in head
18. Plastic water tank 40 gallons
19. Bulkhead mounted folding dining table has been redesigned for strength
20. Table support integrated with custom SS floor-to-ceiling grab pole
21. Optional Dish Storage rack behind table
22. Added air vents to both closet doors and closet walls.
23. Barometer and Ship’s clock
24. Permanently mounted manual Bilge pump operates from cockpit
25. Radar Reflector-collapsible –hoists on flag halyard.
26. Comes with cruising necessities such a potable water grade hose, collapsible boarding step, 2each-50’ 30amp power cords, extra dock lines, dinghy tow lines, fenders etc.
27. Permanently mounted manual Bilge pump operates from cockpit
28. LED Distress Flare (never expires) + other flares
1. TWO House Battery Banks at 250am-hrs EACH. (Trojan #T105-225ah each x 2 per bank. (Special Trojan Lifting Strap included since batteries weight 65lbs each.)
2. 30AMP Shore power (includes 2 each 50foot power cords)
3. 50AMP ALTERNATOR (AND A USED WORKING SPARE) with high power V belt
4. 100 watt solar panel and more efficient type MPPT charge controller (puts out a real 6 amps for much of the day)
5. 3 each -120 volt duplex receptacles with added outlet adapters & USB charging ports
6. Multiple cigarette lighter style 12vdc outlets
7. Inverter-700watt 120vac output.
1. 8’ Walker Bay with inflatable collar (RIB style). Comes with optional SAIL KIT- CONVERTS TO SAILING DINK. sail kit alone costs $900 new—has kick-up rudder, centerboard, mast and sail. Picture shown of sailing set up is from "sister ship."
2. Dink rows very well and has new oars and oar locks.
3. Nighttime running lights – temporary clamp-on style that use flashlight batteries.
4. Deck mounted chocks for on-deck dink storage with Stainless ratchet straps for tie down
5. Hoisting sling and attachment eyes for Dink. (uses spinnaker halyard).
6. OB motor hoist- includes Block and Tackle for custom hoist bracket installed on Bimini.
7. Almost new (about 15hrs run time) 3.5hp Tohatsu OB available for $1000 additional. This OB custom converted to external tank fuel system. Comes with 2 each-2.5gal tanks and engine hr. meter. High thrust prop installed. OB motor stand, locking cable & HD combo lock, and hoist strap assembly. Can be run as an internal tank OEM design if desired.
1. French made Kobra brand modern design 35# anchor with 50’ SS chain and 400’ of ½” nylon rode
2. Customized bow roller and chock for easy retrieval and tie down
3. Stern or spare anchor Danforth model 12H high tensile and 10’chain and nylon 200’ rode with rail mount bracket. (not shown)
4. Winch on mast to serve as manual anchor hoisting winch if needed.
5. Stern mounted 400’ reel for floating stern-tie line (not shown).
6. LED anchor light with auto-off -dawn to dusk.
Please call or Text me for more pics & details, or for an appointment to see her in Everett --- [Two zero six] 919 [Three 4 zero 2] If you want more pictures and details, SEND ME YOUR DIRECT EMAIL, and I will send you a PDF with many more pictures.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers